Certified Cloud Computing Architect (CCA)
Fusion PPT’s Certified Cloud Computing Architect (CCA) credential is the most important industry-recognized certification for cloud computing architects. Globally recognized and demanded, the CCA demonstrates that you have the experience, education, and competency to lead and direct complex Cloud Computing Architecture projects.
Who should apply?
The CCA recognizes demonstrated competence in designing Cloud Computing solutions. If you are an experienced architect looking to solidify your skills, stand out to employers, and maximize your earning potential, the CCA credential is the right choice for you.
CCA Eligibility Overview:
To apply for the CCA, you need to have:
- A four-year degree (Bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent)
- At least three years of cloud computing experience, with 3,800 hours of architecting cloud computing solutions and cloud computing education
There is a detailed overview of the requirements below.
How to apply and prepare for the exam:
To apply for the CCA, complete the registration form here.
There is no cost to the applicant for the CCA through December 31st 2013.
Maintain Your CCA:
As part of Fusion PPT’s Continuing Certification Requirements program, a CCA credential holder will need to earn 10 credits per year. To learn more about the program, what credits are, how to earn and claim them, as well as systematic instructions on how to renew your certification, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCA Program Requirements
Part #1: Applied Certifications
As part of the CCA certification, the applicant needs to demonstrate a foundational understanding of cloud computing. The minimum requirement for this level requires the candidate to complete the CloudU certificate program from RackSpace Hosting, which provides him or her with fundamental knowledge about cloud computing. This certification may be bypassed if the applicant can demonstrate certification from one of the following organizations:
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials
- Certified Cloud Professional
- VMWare Certified Professional / Advanced Professional / Design Expert
- IBM Certified Cloud Architect V1/V2/V3
- Google Certified Deployment Specialist
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert – Private Cloud
- Salesforce.com Certification
Part #2: Cloud Project Experience Overview
This CCA certification requires a minimum of 3,800 hours of work experience in the field of cloud computing. For each cloud-based project that an applicant has worked on, the experience in the relevant topics should be listed as bulleted key accomplishments. A brief description of the overall work that applicant completed during the project must also be provided.
Part #3: Detailed Experience Response
The applicant must write an essay on one of the following two topic areas:
- The impact the applicant has had in the field of cloud computing. The applicant should incorporate any key accomplishments, any standards organizations that he or she is involved with, and any additional detail concerning circumstances in which the applicant has extended the capabilities of his or her projects by using cloud computing and its methodologies.
- Emerging technology trends in cloud computing. Based on his/her experience, the applicant should describe what emerging technology trends exist in the field of cloud computing. This may focus on new technology innovations, limitations and gaps that need to be addressed with current cloud computing technology, or future visions of cloud computing environments.
The essay must be between 1,500 and 2,500 words in total. Attach the response to the application form for review as part of the certification process.